Wheelchair accessories are as diverse and may be as unique as their riders. Wheelchair accessories allow the users to customize the wheelchair to fit their particular needs for day after day living, activity and work.
What are the Various Wheelchair Accessories?
1) The most needed wheelchair accessories are the seat belt and brakes. Every wheelchair rider should use some kind of seat belt, whether or not it is a commonplace strap or cushioned lap belt. Brakes are a necessity for any wheelchair and brake extensions can be included to aid the rider to manage the brake without help.
2) There is a wide selection of bags that can be fastened to the back and sides of a wheelchair or under it. As with any items of baggage, the materials, quality and capacities fluctuate. The guiding principle for a wheelchair owner is to decide on a bag that meets their desires and their budgets.
3) There are various good wheelchair cushions on the market.These cushions are cut especially for the wheelchair and they are often made of medically-certified foam while several household cushions are stuffed with feathers, down, or alternative material. The cushion from home will get lumpy and there might be a reduction in how sanitary it is, while custom wheelchair cushions stay solid and supportive and much more sanitary. Medical cushions give you excellent comfort and assistance while reducing the danger of what may be called bedsores that are made by steady pressure. Your wheelchair will be more comfy with a cushion to support you. These wheelchair cushions are helpful if you wish just a couple additional inches of height, if you discover that you are banging your elbows when you would like to roll your wheelchair.
4) Wheelchair lifts are a sophisticated mobility systems that have revolutionized the way individuals with disabilities live and work. Depending on the manufacturer, lifts for disabled people can easily be customizable. Buyers can also choose the elevator, which would serve their desires the best way.There is a lift for every purpose.
5) The batteries today which are smaller in size, lower weight, longer cycle life and have quicker recharge characteristics, are wonderful for use in motorized wheelchairs. The majority of wheel chair batteries today are gel or dry type. But new types are emerging.
6) Double clip device that may be utilized for walking sticks and many different applications is fitted onto a wheelchair using a rubber ring system. The clip strongly grips walking sticks and other items.
7) You will be able to obtain a number of wheelchair accessories for children wheelchairs, like cup holders, umbrellas, cane or crutch holders, unique seat belts safety restraints, and special armrests and footrests. You can get customary accessories or have unique ones custom made, if needed.
8) Shock absorbers for wheelchairs. Frog Legs were developed to reduce the vibration in the frame of the wheelchair. Several wheelers experience pain or discomfort due to vibrations and road obstacles. Frog Legs will minimize the vibration in the frame due to riding over cobblestones, cracks in the road and alternative environmental imperfections. There are a number of different models that are planned to combine with normal wheelchairs, sports or lightweight wheelchairs, and power wheelchairs.
Similar to everything else in life wheelchair accessories are also developing and also getting more sophisticated with the idea is to present greater convenience to the users.