If you’re healthy, you save yourself a lot of time, energy and effort because you’re able to do what you need to do with the least expenditure of energy and more quickly. Watch how people walk – you’ll know immediately if they are in good health or not even if they are walking slowly – there’s a “spring” in their steps, however minimal.
Try these tips – they might help you…
1. Stress – Learn what your stressors are. Know them well. When they appear, have a plan of action to deal with them and follow through. What does plan mean? It means if this happens, I’ll do this.
You don’t know you’re stressed often until, one day, you bite someone’s head off for something simple or you feel like screaming or your chest hurts. Stop. Just stop. What are your stressors? Identify and look them squarely in the face – find a solution and get them out of your life.
Walking is the best de-stressor of all – even a 10-minute walk will clear your mind and calm you down. If you’re not in a position to leave, then, figure out what will work for you – taking 3 deep breaths, clenching your fists and releasing, stretching, thinking about the Caribbean – whatever works, use it even when you think you’re not stressed out.
2. Food and Mood go together like no other pair – If you eat a lot of sugar, you’re ups and downs will be reflected in your behavior and approach to life’s challenges. Eventually, of course, too much sugar will cause help problems. Snacks are usually the culprit – you head for the donut, or the soft drink or some chips – instead, carry small bags of nuts with you everywhere you go – when you’re feeling a little hungry, have a few nuts. Seeds too are great. Oatcakes with goat’s cheese, hummus, cottage cheese with an apple. Berries too are full of fibre, colorful and varied.
Watch your mood after you’ve eaten certain foods – you’ll soon identify the foods that make your body and mind feel good and those that don’t – that’s the easiest way to know what works for you – experiment and watch yourself!
3. Exercise, exercise, exercise – You’ve heard it a million times – but…. I’ll say it again – exercise – 30 minutes per day, every day, seven days a week like brushing your teeth, taking a shower, getting dressed – make it a part of your day. All it takes is walking 30 minutes every day. It works for your BODY…YOUR MIND… AND YOUR SOUL. There is no down-side to walking. If you can’t walk for health reasons or you’re in a wheelchair, do chair exercises every day – there are a ton of them to do and it will help keep you as healthy as possible.
4. Think – Think about yourself. Every day, give yourself the gift of learning a little more about yourself by watching what you are thinking. Thoughts affect how you feel, what you do and how you act or react. It’s important to know yourself – a little bit more every day.
5. Give yourself a break – Preferably, give yourself quite a few breaks throughout the day – all it takes is a minute or two sometimes. This is especially true in today’s world where, for most of us in offices, we’re sitting at computer screens all day or in meetings. It’s critical to move your eyes away from the screen regularly – put it in your calendar on your computer to remind you to take a break at least every hour for a few minutes. At the end of the day, book time in your calendar to do something you really want to do – play a sport, write part of your new book, or just read the newspaper – whatever you treasure. If you do, your life will be far more relaxed and rewarding!
6. Take care of your grooming – nothing makes a person feel better than looking good! Your nails – clean, manicured and shining with health. Your hair – styled professionally to suit your face. Your clothes – clean, pressed and complimentary to your body. Your shoes – in good repair, polished and fitting properly. Your face – clean, moisturized and with a smile on it! Your underwear – clean, fitting properly and comfortable. Your socks – matching, clean, and suitable for your outfit.
Taking care of yourself and the way you look is the most loving thing you can do for yourself!
7. Love yourself – sincerely get an affair going with yourself! There’s nothing that will change your world more than a sincere liking and loving of yourself. Some people love themselves but don’t like themselves – that’s not love – it’s something else and they need help.
Every day, show yourself you love yourself – eat right, exercise, develop good relationships with people, take time for yourself, groom, and put that smile on your face – feel the love! It’s serious and you can’t imagine how liking and loving yourself will change everything else in your life for the better – you’re unique – there is no one else on the earth like you – imagine over 6 billion people on earth – and there’s no one exactly like you!